Green matcha has been consumed for centuries in Japan and in recent years, gaining popularity in Europe. While there are many brands to choose from, not all of them offer the highest quality powder you should be looking for when buying. I was recently sent a pouch of Dream Matcha Co Premium Matcha Green Tea Powder to try and review and I must say that the taste and colour fill all your senses.
I am a self-confessed green tea addict and have tried various brands and flavours over the years but my experience with Dream Matcha Co was lifechanging! The company was formed by Chris and Jack, two friends and matcha tea enthusiasts who noticed the lack of high quality supply in the UK. They went straight to the source and decided to import the highest quality organic matcha available from the Uji region in Japan.
The powder itself is finely ground through exclusive stone mills and its powerfully green and fragrant. Made from tender leaves, it has smooth and sweet taste that would enchant your taste buds. Furthermore, some of the benefits of consuming high quality green matcha are:
- Contains up to 15 times the nutritional values of regular green tea.
- Contains 137 times the amount of antioxidants as regular green tea.
- It’s extremely effective in boosting metabolism and burning calories.
- Has powerful anti-aging qualities.
- Rich in vitamins and amino acids.
- Promotes calmness while also heightening concentration and clarity.
While these are only few of green matcha’s numerous superpowers, you can use it in various ways around the kitchen. From adding it to smoothies and enriching your morning lattes, to creating some beautiful eye-catching treats. I was scrolling down the company’s website and came across a mouthwatering Matcha Chia Seed Pudding Recipe that I just had to try and recreate! I slightly changed the original recipe but it still turned out absolutely delicious and a bright feast for the eyes too. Try it for yourself and let me know your thoughts!
- 1 tsp Dream Matcha Powder
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pomegranate for the topping
- Combine the chia seeds and coconut milk in a small bowl.
- Add the Dream Matcha powder and whisk until smooth.
- Cover the bowl and put the mixture in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, simply top with the pomegranate and enjoy!
For even more recipes and full range of products, including some authentic accessories, visit Dream Matcha Co. There’s also free delivery on all purchases throughout the month!